Joggers for Tall Men
Men's Tall Joggers
Welcome to your guide for shopping for the most stylish and most comfortable joggers for Tall Men. Understanding the difference between a pair of sweatpants and joggers is your first step, then choosing which brand suites you best is next. We have all those answers here for you.
This is Joggers for Tall Men: Guide to Wearing & Shopping.
Welcome to your guide to all things tall men’s joggers. At times, it can be confusing on what is needed, sweatpants or joggers? I answer this, help you style your joggers and give you the best brands to find the perfect pair of joggers for your long legs.
Joggers for Tall Men
If you haven’t owned a pair of joggers before, I am glad you found this article. Joggers are the more stylish and versatile cousin of the sweatpant.
If your sweatpants aren’t fashionable to wear out in public, but you don’t want to throw on a pair of jeans, the jogger covers all you need. They are comfortable, stylish, and can be worn in many situations with many different looks.
What are Joggers?
Joggers are the more versatile version of your sweatpants. They originated in the athletic fitness/leisure world, where the world of soccer (European football) had a prominent role in its growth. Joggers tend to be made from more versatile and different fabrics than their cousin, the sweatpant.
What is the Difference Between Joggers and Sweatpants?
The difference between your fashion and comfort needs is that you will wear your joggers out in public while your sweatpants will be worn in more relaxed settings. In the last few years, joggers were mainly for athletic wear, but that has changed. Buying a pair of joggers will allow you to be more versatile in your daily wear. Get a better understanding of Joggers vs Sweatpants.
Can Tall Guys Wear Joggers?
Tall guys can wear joggers 100%. You might say that joggers are made for tall men with the jogger cut and how it is made to be worn with a shorter leg. Unlike other pants in your wardrobe, you should wear your joggers with the cuffs not reaching your ankles. Please take advantage of this and show some more skin than your used to and look stylish doing it.
How to Style Joggers
The safest play for us tall guys is to stick to the basics and pair a well-fitted t-shirt and a clean pair of trainers or chuck tailors to style your joggers. Wearing a baggy t-shirt is not the right play for joggers; the loose T doesn’t work well with the tighter cut pants, and to add another level to this layer, a nicely cut flannel shirt, un-buttoned.
Learn more here: How To Style Joggers for Men 2022
How Should Joggers Fit?
Use these pointers when trying on a new pair of joggers. And read out guide on How Are Joggers Supposed To Fit?
- Your joggers should taper cleanly at the ankle and should have a close fit around your ankle.
- Joggers should taper at the ankle and end above your shoes rather than over them. They can also taper above the ankle for taller people.
- Joggers should have a slim fit that clearly outlines the body’s shape but should not be so tight that they appear fitted or “skinny.”
- You should be able to move freely in your joggers and have a good range of motion.
- The waistband of your joggers should sit on your hips.
- When going for an athleisure look or wearing your joggers to lounge around casually, the crotch of the pants can be slightly dropped.
- If you’re looking for a more tailored look, there should be no drooping in the crotch.
What Length Should Men's Joggers be?
Guys, give yourself a 2-3 inch buffer with the taper of the ankle when looking at the length of your joggers. The lowest you will want the taper is at the ankle, and you can go north from there up to 3 inches and still have a fashionable length.
Are Joggers Cuffed?
Yes, joggers are cuffed with an elastic band that allows the bottom of the pant leg to sit comfortably around your ankle and rise comfortably during athletic movements.
Do Men's Joggers Come in Different Lengths?
No, joggers do not come in different lengths. You can shorten any pair of joggers an inch or two with the elastic cuff without altering the overall look. However, finding a longer pair is tricky unless you shop at tall men or tall girl brands.
Tall Men Clothing
Joggers for Tall Men
Now that you know the difference between joggers and sweatpants, it’s time for you to decide what pair of pants you want to purchase. If sweatpants are more what you are looking for, you can find our guide to men’s tall sweatpants. This guide will help you style them and give you the top brands online to buy from.
If you like what you’ve read about the jogger, then keep scrolling to find our list of top tall men-focused brands and big brand names that carry sizes that fit us. From skinny joggers to tall joggers, these clothing brands have you covered.
Tall Men Jogger Brands
American Tall carries joggers for men in both their brand and LongJohn & Sons. You will find a few different styles with a wide range of colours from Camo Green, Maroon, Black, Khaki, Navy Mix, Bright White and more.
Check out our reviews of their jogger line.
2Tall carries joggers made for tall, slim guys. They carry a 34-36-28-40 inch inseams and come in skinny, slim and regular fits.
Big Brands with Men's Tall Joggers
Nordstrom carries men’s tall joggers from Vuori, Tentree, Champion, Boss, John Elliot, The North Face and more.
Old Navy only carriers a few men’s tall joggers, yet they have complimentary styles of pants that fit the the look .
Amazon carries men’s tall joggers in various brands ranging from their own line Amazon Essentials to SEVEGO, South Pole, Adidas, Skechers, Hanes and more
Nike carries men’s tall joggers under the name ‘trousers’ under their brand. With a variation of fabrics and sustainable materials for their athletic pants.
Joggers for Tall Men FAQ's
There are a variety of different ways to make joggers tighter. You may choose one of these five methods based on your requirements and access to the necessary materials needed to complete the process.
- Sew & hem
- Add a drawstring
- Make the elastic tighter
- Shrink them in the washer and dryer
- Shrink them with boiling water
When thinking about how to wear your joggers fashionably, base it on this idea: Think of your joggers as jeans.
Joggers are supposed to fit tight, like a pair of well-fitting jeans. Use this similarity of fit and base your clothing options on supporting the pair of pants.
If you’re looking for the best day-to-day look for your joggers, you will want to go with a comfy pair of trainers, ankle socks, a long white t-shirt (or grey), and a sweater. This is a classic look that goes well with many colours.
To dress up your joggers, you can add all the complimentary clothing that you would to a pair of jeans or even slacks.
Joggers are super versatile and have a diverse range of designs to serve your fashion needs in the gym, at the mall, at home, or at the office.
There are athletic joggers, everyday joggers, lounge joggers and smart joggers. All of these joggers are able to be matched with different outfits and different shoes.
- Turn your joggers inside out to protect the outer layer. It is optional to place your joggers into a mesh laundry bag.
- Place your joggers into the washing machine.
- Wash your joggers with other lightweight and delicate clothing items.
- Add laundry detergent. Check the detergent’s instructions to find the right amount.
- Adjust the washing machine’s water settings to the highest temperature possible and push start.
- Once the wash cycle finishes, remove the joggers and check the shrinkage. Repeat the process if you wish to continue shrinking your joggers.
- Turn your joggers inside out to protect the outer surface of the pants. It is optional to place your joggers into a mesh laundry bag.
- Place your joggers into the washing machine and be sure to include your joggers with other soft and delicate clothing only.
- Add laundry detergent. Refer to the detergent’s instructions label to find the correct amount.
- Adjust the settings on the washing machine to delicate and use cold water. Hot water can shrink cotton and melt polyester, two of the most common fibers used to make joggers, so be sure to avoid using hot water to wash your joggers
- Once the wash cycle is complete you can either hang your joggers to dry, or use the dryer on air try or tumble dry low.
Follow the following steps in order to shrink joggers in the wash.
- Turn your joggers inside out to protect the outside surface of the fabric.
- Place your joggers into the washing machine.
- Adjust the water settings to the highest heat level possible.
- Adjust the cycle duration to the longest run time possible.
- Run the wash cycle and remove the joggers once finished.
To flat fold joggers all you need is a flat space. This can be an ironing board, bed, sofa, or even the floor! Follow the simple instructions below to learn how to flat fold your joggers.
- Fold your joggers in half across the body, placing one leg on top of the other with the back pockets/back side facing outwards.
- Fold the loggers in half from north to south, bringing the bottom hem to just below the waist and forming a long rectangle.
- Fold the pants upwards again, this time into thirds.