How to Roll Sweatpants
Learning how to roll your sweatpants will help you save space for travel and also in your closet. Not only does rolling your sweatpants allow you to add extra clothes to your carry-on it can also help them not wrinkle. The block roll is the most effective roll you can do.
This is How to Roll Sweatpants: 3 Ways to Save Space!
Hey guys, in this article I am going to show you how to roll your sweatpants so you can get the most space in your check-in luggage. Have you tried folding your clothes while packing before? It doesn’t get things compact enough!
However, if you don’t know How To Wash Your Sweatpants properly so you Prevent Them From Shrinking, then there is no reason to fold them. Dirty or shrunken sweatpants should stay on your bedroom floor.
If your thinking about dressing up your sweatpants for a night out while on your trip, let me help you find that perfect look for any occasion
Sweatpants can take up a lot of space in our suitcase, especially thick sweatpants. Use our methods to roll and fold your sweatpants into a neat collection in order to save space and maintain the quality of your clothes.
How to Roll Sweatpants
Rolling sweatpants the proper way is key to saving space. Read below to learn how to roll sweatpants.
How to Block Roll Sweatpants
The block roll is a great way to save space in your luggage or bag, and is the perfect way to roll your sweatpants while traveling.
- Lay your sweatpants flat on an ironing board, bed, or table.
- Fold your sweatpants in half by the waist, so that the backside is now facing upwards, and the front side is hidden inwards.
- Take one pant leg, and fold it in a 90° angle outwards at the knee.
- Grab the sweatpants at the waistline, and begin to roll the sweatpants downwards by the elastic waist.
- Once you have reached the bottom you will find that one pant leg is hanging loose. Pull this pant leg over top of the roll, and begin to stuff the roll into this pant leg.
- The pant leg should now be inside out, and the rest of the sweatpants should be contained inside, similar to how you might roll a sleeping bag.
How to Flat Fold Sweatpants
The flat fold is the most common way to fold sweatpants, however, if you are trying to save space in your suitcase or bag, this is not the most effective option. I share more on How to Fold Sweatpants in this article.
- Lay your sweatpants flat on a bed, table, or ironing board.
- Grab your sweatpants at the waist and ankle, and fold your sweatpants over in half from left to right, so that your sweatpants now look like one-legged sweatpants.
- With your pants folded in half, grab the pants at the ankle and bring the ankle up to the waistline.
- Fold the bottom of the sweatpants up to the waistline one more time, and now you are finished.
How to File Fold Sweatpants
File folding is a neat and compact way to store your sweatpants.
- Lay your sweatpants flat on a table, ironing board, or bed
- Fold your sweatpants in half at the waist. They should now look like one-legged sweatpants.
- Fold the sweatpants north to south 2/3 of the way, by taking the top of the pants (waistline) and folding it down to the bottom (ankles).
- Grab the end of the fold that has both the waist and the ankles, and fold it inwards 2/3 of the way.
- Roll the sweatpants one more time towards the end of the sweatpants, and voila! You have completed the file fold.
How to Roll Sweatpants for Packing
The best way to roll sweatpants for packing is by using the block roll method. The block roll method will allow you to save space in your bag, while also reducing the amount of wrinkles your sweatpants may develop while stored in the luggage.
Using the block roll on all your clothing garments will save a great deal of space in your suitcase and will allow you to bring more types of clothing on your travels.
Find out how to block roll your sweatpants.
How to Roll Joggers
Rolling joggers is slightly easier than rolling sweatpants, because joggers are usually made of a thinner material and does not take up as much space.
Baggy sweatpants and thick sweatpants can sometimes be difficult to fold or roll, whereas joggers are much easier to roll because of their lightweight design.
Read our article to find out how to flat fold, file fold, block roll, and army roll your joggers in order to save space and avoid creating new wrinkles while in storage.
Fold with a purpose How to Fold Joggers: 4 Simple Methods!
How to Roll Sweatpants FAQ
Take the bottom hem of your sweatpants and fold them upwards about 6cm. Make sure the material is smooth, with no wrinkles or creases. Proceed to grab the top of the cuff, then fold the hem in behind the back, towards the pant leg. Once again smooth out the fabric to make sure the fold is clean and smooth. Repeat for the other leg.
Rolling thick sweatpants can be difficult, however by using the block roll method and some elastic bands, it can be done. First fold the sweatpants in half by the waist. Grab the sweatpants at the elastic waistband and proceed to roll down to the ankles, keeping the roll tight at all times. Once you have completely rolled the sweatpants, use elastic bands on each end to condense the roll and keep it in place.
To fold sweatpants nicely, first fold the pants in half across the waist, so that the sweatpants now appear to be one legged. Grab the sweatpants at the ankle and bring them to the waist. Grab the sweatpants once again at the bottom where the knee would usually be, and bring it once again to the waistline. Your sweatpants should now be nicely folded and ready for storage or packing.