How to Measure Thighs
Here is how to measure your thigh circumference. Stand with feet shoulder width apart and wrap the measuring tape around the thigh. Aim for where the bottom of your butt meets the top of your thigh. Keep the sewing tape close to your skin, but don’t strangle it. Make it easier by getting your friend to do this.
This is How to Measure Thighs: Men’s Guide.
Welcome to your guide to measuring your thighs.
With over 50% of global clothing sales being online, I want to ensure you get the perfect fitting pants with the first order. Because we all know the frustrating hassle, it is dealing with the extra shipping time and costs.
Tools needed to measure your thigh:
- Sewing tape measure
Grabbing the measuring tape out of your toolbox will not work for this job; you need a flexible tape that can hug your skin.
Other ways this might be worded:
- How to measure thigh size?
- Where to measure thigh?
- How to measure thigh circumference?
- How to take thigh measurement?
- Thigh circumference measurement?
How to Measure Thighs
1. Stand properly
Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Wrap tape around thigh
Wrap the measuring tape around the thickest part of your thigh, where the bottom of your butt meets the top of your thighs.
3. Keep tape snug
Keep the tape snug but not tight, and ensure that the tape measure is level from front to back.
How to Measure Thighs: Tips
- Use a sewing tape (or use a string and measure the amount used with a ruler once off your leg.)
- Do not strangle your leg with the measuring tape.
- Instead, allow for a bit of air between it and your skin.
- Do not flex your leg muscles (quad or hammies) while taking the measurement.
- Grab a friend if possible to measure your thigh circumference for the most accurate reading.
Use our other guides on measuring clothes to always have the best fitting clothing for your body type. Bespoke, tailored or ordered online clothing should always leave you feeling confident when you wear it.
How to Measure Thigh FAQ
A normal thigh sized ranges between 21 to 23 inches for both men and women. This range is sometimes called ‘medium sized thighs.’
A 26 inch thigh is considered big. The general public will range between 21 to 23 inches, be it a man or woman. However a 26 inch thigh may vary between fat and muscle density.
A thigh that measure below 20 inches can be considered as skinny, depending on the age of the person. Grown up men with 19 inches or below thigh size is skinny.