How to Measure Arm Length
To measure your arm length, you will need to grab a friend. Doing this measurement by yourself will likely get inaccurate numbers. First stand up straight with your arms relaxed at your sides. Place one end of a measuring tape at the center of the back of your neck, then across the top of your shoulder and down the length of your arm. Take the measurement just past your wrist bone.
This is How to Measure Arm Length: Men’s Guide.
Welcome to our guide showing you how to measure your arm length.
You may need to know this for a tailored shirt you’re having made or ordering a jacket online and want to be sure it fits in all areas.
Alternatively, maybe you need the length for athletic ventures. No matter whatever you need it for, our steps below will give you the answer to your needs.
Other ways this may be worded:
- How do you measure arm length?
- How to measure arm span?
- How to measure wingspan by yourself?
- How to measure arm size?
- How to measure sleeve length?
- How to measure arm length for shirt?
First, you will want to start by making sure you have these tools needed to measure your arm length.
- Sewing tape measure
How to Measure Arm Length
- Stand up straight with your arms relaxed and at your sides.
- Place one end of a measuring tape at the base of your neck. Position the measuring tape precisely in the center of your neck to get the most accurate measurement.
- Take the tape measure over the shoulder and down your arm.
- Take the tape down to the area just past your wrist bone for clothing measurement.
- If it’s not for clothing, then continue measuring to your fingertips if measuring your full arm length. Measure to your fingertips, stretching out your fingers as far as possible
How to Measure Arm Length: Tips
- Although you can measure your arm length on your own, you will get a better arm length measurement if you have a partner who can take it for you.
- Avoid hunching forward or leaning as much as possible, as either may skew your measurement.
- If you’re taking sleeve measurements, finish measuring where you want the sleeve or shirt cuff to sit.
- If you’re measuring arm length for fitness-related reasons, you may need to measure past your wrist.
- Measure to your fingertips, stretching out your fingers as far as possible
Follow the rest of our guides, in the how to measure clothes super guide, to perfectly measure each area needed to finish off that proper dress shirt or stylish jacket your making.
How to Measure Arm Length FAQ
You can find your arm length by measuring from the base of your neck, down your shoulder, and following along your arm. If you are getting a measurement for clothing, you will want to stop the measuring tape at your wrist. If the measurement is for sports like boxing, then measure down to the end of your middle finger.