How to Hang Jeans
To hang your jeans you first must get a clothing hanger. You can choose from wood, plastic or metal. First lay your jeans flat and fold one leg over the other then grab your jeans at the cuff of the legs. Slide the leg through the clothing hanger until it is balanced perfectly with the waist and cuffs hanging near each other. Then put your jeans away.
This is How to Hang Jeans: Men’s Guide.
Welcome to our article on hanging your jeans correctly with three different techniques.
If you have space in your closet to hang your denim, I suggest you do it. However, space might be a premium with all the clothes you own. If there isn’t a lot of space to hang them, folding your jeans and putting them into a cubby or drawer is an excellent way to store them.
How to Hang Jeans
Before you think about hanging your jeans, you will want to ensure they are clean. Jeans, unlike other clothes, do not need to be cleaned regularly. However, wash your jeans properly every few months to avoid a smelly closet. Iron the jeans if needed and learn how to dry your jeans without a dryer as well, to be sure you don’t shrink them.
Follow our other guides while hanging up your clothes to make sure they stay wrinkle-free.
Now, learn how to hang jeans in closet.
1. How to Hang Jeans on Hanger
1. Grab a standard hanger
Grab a standard clothes hanger. A classic clothes hanger is shaped like a triangle. It has two diagonal bars and a horizontal bar at the bottom.
2. Fold the jeans in half
Fold the jeans in half vertically. Make sure the hand pockets are on the inside, and the seat of the jeans is on the outside.
3. Hook your hanger over something stable
Hook your hanger over something stable, such as a closet rod or lip of a door frame. Doing so will allow you to use both hands for the hanging process.
4. Slip the jeans through the hanger
Slip the jeans through the hanger, and drape them across the bar by the leg part. The waistband should be touching the cuffs.
5. Adjust the jeans as needed
If you notice the jeans slipping off the hanger, you must adjust them. Either tug on the waistband or the ankles. Do this until the jeans hang across the bar without slipping.
6. Secure with clothespin (optional)
If your jeans keep sliding off, you can secure them with a clothespin. Clip a clothespin or two across the horizontal bar.
7. Put hung jeans away
Place the jeans inside your closet.
2. How to Hang Jeans on a Hanger with Clips
- Get a hanger with clips attached to it. These hangers are suitable for most pants, especially jeans, but they may leave some imprints in leather or pleather pants unless you use cushioning (such as index cards).
- If your jeans are too wide for your hanger, fold them in half vertically. If you do not have a lot of vertical space in your closet, fold your jeans in half vertically, then horizontally. You will be clipping them by the knee part.
- Clip the jeans by the waistband to the hanger. Each clip should be about 1 inch (2.54 centimetres) away from the outside edge of the waistband. The clips on most hangers are adjustable. They can slide across the bar back and forth. Move the clips around as necessary.
- Place the jeans inside your closet. Consider hanging them so that the hook’s curved part faces you.
3. How to Hang Jeans on a Clamping Pants Hanger
- Get a clamping pants hanger. These are usually made of wood, consisting of two horizontal bars that pull together. They are ideal for hanging dress pants but work perfectly for jeans as well.
- Fold the jeans in half vertically. The hand pockets should be on the inside, and the seat of the jeans should be on the outside.
- Open the hanger. Grip the hook part of the hanger and pull it towards you. The two horizontal bars should open up.
- Place the cuffs between the bars. You will be hanging the jeans by the cuffs, not by the waist. This is because bulky things, such as buttons and zippers, get in the way. They prevent the hanger from closing together all the way.
- Close the hanger and place it in your closet. Push the hook part back down towards the hanger and away from you.
How to Hang Jeans FAQ
It is better to fold your jeans for ease in your day. Denim is a very giving fabric that allows it to be mishandled for long periods without wrinkling or creasing. A simple file fold is all that is needed for your jeans.
You can hang up your jeans but do not need to. Denim is a very giving fabric that will not be wrinkled or stressed if all you do is create a flat fold and put your jeans away in a cubby.